Thursday, October 11, 2007

four years

today scott and i celebrate four years of spending our lives together. four seems like an insignificance time next to the sixty years that my grandparents celebrated this past august. sixty years of sharing each others burdens and joys, that seems like forever, beautiful really, but i have not yet even reached sixty years of my own...i can hardly wait to spend that much time with scott. when scott asked me to marry him, i had only a childhood romantic idea of what life would look like with him beside me. i can honestly say, four years later that all my childhood thoughts seem to have prevailed as i can not think of another who i would rather have spent this time with. scott shares every aspect of my life with me. he doesn't even have to look any more, just smiles when a commercial comes on that he knows i am crying at. he holds me when i am upset and understands that i don't need to talk about it yet, i just need to know that he is there for me. he rolls my sleeve up out of the way when he holds my hand. he kisses me every morning with pursed lips cause he knows i hate the smell of morning breath. he makes me feel like i am the most important person to him, that no one holds even a close second to me...i am honored. i am honored to stand beside a man who believes in my dreams. i am honored to stand beside a man who allows me to dream and feel passionate. i am honored to share my life with a man who not only lets me share my heart, but holds my hand and sturdies me as i stand on my soap box. i am honored to call scott my husband...i love him. i love him for making me enjoy a burger at macdonald's every once in a while. i love him for not caring that i think his hair looks ugly long. i love him for being such a wonderful dad. i love him because he cares about our family. i love him because he loves me...and he loves me well. he truly and honestly loves me well. he loves me in a way that demands i love him back. i can say that i have fallen in love with scott daily for the past four years. and i can honestly say that i look forward to, with anticipation, to the next fifty six. i said in my vows that i would walk beside scott, not in front of him and therefore leave him, nor behind him so that i may be left, but beside him hand in hand, together with our God. we continue, with our God to share our love and our life. and i am excited. "if i had known i would get to spend the rest of my life with you, i would have started the rest of my life much sooner." quoted from the card i found for my love, my friend, my soul mate, my husband. i love you.

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

so sweet!
Happy Anniversary :)

Niki said...

Cor, you are such an eloquent writer! It is great to read about your love for the man God has given you as a husband!

Hope you had some time to celebrate together!