Wednesday, May 30, 2007

a new adventure

life is interesting...to say the least. i have been blessed...truly blessed. i stand beside a brave and wonderful man...a man that i am proud of, a man that i am honored to call my husband. scott and i are about to embark on a new adventure, one that will take us who knows where and begin who knows when. but we trust. we have enjoyed our time in lethbridge greatly. we have learned how to survive in the cold and wind, and we have tried to understand the grandness of the open, flat lands. we have had the oportunity to partake in the lives of some wonderful people... but our journey moves us beyond these moments and off to greater things. we have been introduced to new thoughts on ministry and have pondered the greatness of our God with people who seek to know Him as we do... but we have been asked to continue on and serve our Lord in other ways. this we can say... we are heart broken. we are troubled. we are getting ready for what is next. this i can say... i am proud. i am honored. i am delighted in my husband who has had days of tears in this news, but who has held his head high and been true to himself and those around him. i am proud of this man as he has served our God with passion, and maintained a character that is honorable. i am so thankful to find my days beside him, and i look forward to what we will do next. i have found in him a man who loves the Lord our God first and in doing so, loves his family very well. for this i will be forever thankful. it is this that is so hard to find, but it is this love that makes me fall more deeply in love with him daily. i would like to say to scott; thank you for putting the Father first in our marriage and in our lives. thank you for loving me before any other. thank you for loving sophie after myself and being a wonderful father. thank you for taking adventures with me and maintianing your gifts through difficulties and heartache. thank you for being a man that is honorable and full of wisdom. thank you for taking me by the hand and sharing your life with me. i love you.

6 comments:

Chels said...

Cheers guys... it's bitter sweet.

But you know that now that I have met Sophie, she can't live all the way out there... godmother's orders...

Scotty Werdal said...

Thank-you. All my love.

Pamela Ukrainetz said...

I can't see my keyboard. My tears are falling too fast. It is not right that we should lose your presence already. 9 months is too short friend. I'm drinking tea and thinking of you.

Bethany Pearce said...

Corinna, thank YOU for sharing :) God Speed in your new adventures.

rachel joy said...

so beautifully written. Your family is so precious to us and our hearts break with you, we're praying, and are so excited to dream with you about what's next.

Niki said...

Praying for your little fam, Corinna! I know this change and upheaval cannot be easy, but God is going to be there for comfort, guidance and to take you to where He wants you next.

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting little Soph in June.

Hugs!