Monday, August 9, 2010

things my mom taught me

to make your bed every morning
to always have fresh baking in the house
she tried to teach me to iron, but i didn't take that one with me
to be hospitable, always making room at the table for one more
to be there for your children
to take adventures with your friends;
max and chardel
maybe some whining, maybe some peed in beds, but always a great time.
1994 camping at Sooke pot holes
1984, Rathrevor Beach
my sister and i, shawn and becca we were the evermental gang
and we were held together by a quote from max
"the family that pees together, stays together"
1987
1988 Englishmen River Falls
1991 Astoria, Oregon
1992, Cannon Beach, Oregon
1994
the moms took us on adventures most every year, sometimes staying on the island, sometimes along the orgeon coast, wherever it was, we were together in the red station wagon with wood paneling. the front seat held max as driver, becca as tape controller and trail mix picker, chardel as passenger and fierce looker. back seat held myself with knees leaning on shawn, shawn in the middle getting upset about the knees and my sister with her knees as well leaning on shawn. we could have traveled the world like this.