Wednesday, December 9, 2009

sunshine and sweaters

sometimes i refuse to take my camera with me on trips or walks as i really think it important to be in a moment instead of trying to always capture the moment. i believe that a different element occurs when looking at memories through a lens and so sometimes i just want to see with my own eyes how my family is growing, interacting, and experiencing each other. and yet other times all i want is to somehow capture these moments in 'film'. somehow have them documented and recorded so that when scott and i are left at home by ourselves and are just a little bit insane, we can look back and remember what adventures our days were filled with.
this is my favorite. red noses, bright sunshine, blue skies, cold bitten cheeks, and homemade sweaters.
-a rare occasion when sophie asks to have her photo taken- -the "don't mess with me" eyes, along with the rug burnt chin and raisin chewing mouth-
-how do you capture love, love between a father and his children?-

3 comments:

franks said...

I love that I can comment now (now that I'm an official "blogger" as well).

I love your life and watching you love and grow as a family. Your girls continue to be a couple of the cutest I know. You are always an inspiration in the simple yet beautiful way you go about life.

I am glad you are my friend.

Niki said...

Fabulous pictures! So glad you took your camera along this time so we could enjoy!

megan edelman photography said...

awww... i love these photos! my favorite is of both the girls laughing over scott's shoulder.