Monday, October 5, 2009

my weekend

scott created a weekend extravaganza for me this year as i celebrated my thirtieth birthday. i know this may be late coming as my birthday was in september, but as i sit here i have one sock on and one sock off and have two little girls sleeping, so it is now that i document the weekend extravaganza.
friday morning i was presented with a card that read:
"30 years sure is a long time, but it has been the perfect amount to make you the perfect mommy. thank you for teaching me to dance, to run and play, to say my ABC's, to paint, for reading me stories and helping me learn lots of great things. for your birthday present on your 30th, i am going to take you on an "ad-benture" to somewhere we can all learn a whole lot of things.
i love you sooo much. sophie"
(ad-benture is sophie's word for adventure)
so off we went on my adventure from sophie...to science world. it was so exciting. scott had packed a picnic for outside, then we played inside for a while before heading up to the imax theater where we watched a film about sky diving. as we are "standing" on top of a mountain watching the divers get ready for take off, sophie stands up out of her chair and exclaims, "how did we get up here?" she looks around, and sure enough there are mountains surrounding her, so again she asks, with her hands up and shoulders shrugged, "guys, how did we get up here?"
thank you sophie, for a wonderful day, thank you for learning with me and playing together.
saturday i was greeted with a card from penelope that read,
"you are the bestest of the best. i know i can be both cute and a big handful all at the same time, but you are so great to me. every time i want to be picked up you never hesitate to carry me around. thank you for taking such good care of me and always being willing to play. i can't wait to stand and run around with you and my big sister too...just make sure to keep protecting me. for your gift today, pick me up and lets go play (can't wait to be carried)
love penn-penn.
and off we headed to golden ears park where we hiked up to the lower falls. it was a beautiful day accompanied by another picnic and great time together. sophie found her walking sticks and off she went while penny pointed and chatted to me while being carried. scott and i held hands while we watched and listened to the sounds of our little family. i may have to say that we are one blessed little group of peoples.
dude, it was so cold, it made my eyes water, and all sophie wanted to do was swim...or at least sit in it.
thank you penelope for spending the day outside with me, i loved it.
on sunday there was a gathering of important people to celebrate. we ate, chatted, chased after children, chatted some more, and ate more than we chatted.
monday brought the surprise of my mom and sister. we spend the day in fort langley, wandering the streets and lanes in the antique mall. it was good to see them, normal, as though they just lived down the street, maybe one day.
monday night was saved for just scott and i - tea and time together.
thank you scott for putting this all together for me, for creating a weekend extravaganza. i adore you.

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

wow - scott definitely made it a special weekend for you. how lovely!

kathleen marie said...

You guys make pretty hot looking 70 year olds... ;)