Thursday, September 18, 2008

imagine

...because there are no pictures for this one. on the 14th i celebrated my 29th birthday. we had what scott called, "a corinna day". starting with a family walk around the campus and the pond. i had made the comment many times that i wished i had brought the camera. sophie was very exploratory and picked up almost every leaf that we walked past. her and scott held hands and broke the cobweb path and i walked behind, just enjoying the sunshine and my family. our God is good, i feel so very blessed by my little family. after our walk, scott made us some lunch, sophie had a little nap, and we just sat together. by about four o'clock, scott said it was time to get ready and off we went. the drive took us to a beach in tsawwassen where we were met by scotts sister, chelsea. she walked us across the park to a little picnic table by a pond where mom werdal was waiting. grandma took sophie for the evening and left us to be alone, just the two of us. chelsea had put together a beautiful table for us including; a white table cloth covered with starfish, rocks, white candles, flowers and music. instant tears came to my eyes. scott had arranged for his family to help him out as he couldn't do anything seeing as how he had to be with me. we enjoyed a dinner of fish and chips listening to norah jones and sitting together by the ocean...the tears were still falling. after dinner we walked along the beach holding hands, feeling the sand between our toes. i couldn't have asked for anything better, most definitely a corinna day. when we reached the car, we headed to grandmas house where we had cake and fruit. beautiful? i am certain that it was one of those days that will not soon be forgotten. i am so honored to be apart of this family, to be cared for and loved by scott. thanks buds.

5 comments:

sharon said...

sounds like a perfect corinna day--he is so good to you...so is He! You are very loved..i'm glad you had a wonderful birthday.

love me

rachel joy said...

what a perfect day! I'm sorry I didn't send you birthday greetings earlier. Will have to celebrate when I get back.

Niki said...

Love that you had such a special "Corinna day" for your birthday! Glad it was a good one and that you felt loved.

Keira-Anne said...

Sounds lovely - I hope you enjoyed every minute of it :)

Joanie said...

Hey missy -- Happy belated birthday! Your special day I spent in the hospital, watching as my beautiful grandson was born! Amazing, just amazing! So now I will never forgot your day!
My Kristy turned 29 also -- two days later on the 20th. Crazy.
Love you lots.
Joan