Monday, March 10, 2008

dear

i made the "mistake" in my last post of titling one friend as dear and the other as merely just friend. i have been thinking about what to write as a comment to both of them for a couple of days now, mostly when i am supposed to be sleeping. but instead i have been composing a blog in my mind...which leads me to some laughter and then to scott asking what it is that i could possibly be thinking of now...he is always enamored by the thoughts that roll around in my head at such ridiculous hours of the night. so here it goes, megan - megs has been a friend since...i am not really too sure when or how we became friends, i just kinda consider her always there, since high school at some point. it was at her house during sleepovers and such that we would listen to alanis "head over feet", read magazines, talk about boys, eat corn pops, and giggle more about boys. we made some poor decisions together, nothing that i would say we regret, but i am sure given the same chance, would never do it again. she had this smell, i can't remember the name of it, but it started with an "a" and came in a tube that looked like chap stick, yellow tube i think. it smelled so good, always reminds me of her. megs and i did much together, she called (calls) me wiener and i call her megs...not really fair i know, but i let it slide. sharon - sharon and i met at the oh so popular camp Q. again, not sure at what point i found her but i do remember one of my first moments with her. please remember that sharon is a bit older than i and although that doesn't matter now, it played a bigger role in our earlier days as she was a bit cooler than i. so i am in sharons room, going on and on about this cute guy at camp (scott), with all my loudness and laughter, she finally looked at me (from her top bunk) with a look of disgust and explained that i needed to give it up. (i do believe that she on the other hand was trying to hook scott up with her younger sister). anyway, background now completed, the three of us have had some great times together. (including our fourth partner becky) we got ourselves into much trouble, have laughed hard together, shared some pretty important moments together, and continue to invite each other into our lives. i write all this not because i feel bad for labeling one as dear and not the other, but because after the comments which made me laugh, i began to think about how important people are in our lives and the role they take in shaping us and moving us along our journeys. granted, we have all frustrated each other, but it has been at least ten years of us being friends, and we still are able to call on each other and share our hearts. i truly am blessed. so back to the dear comment...which really was not made with any thought process at all...but after further thought have come to this conclusion. it was sharon, not megan who came to warn me of some happenings in a certain canoe as i watched atop the blog tower, in which megan, not sharon was involved. in slow motion i look over to see this "dear"friend of mine laughing and tossing her yellow hair back in the sun, splashing and such with who...you know who. so all in all i would then have to say that the dear one is sharon...although the question she posed to me was not all that endearing at all, but still.... i hope you enjoyed my writings, my thoughts, my trips down memory lane with my two dear friends, megan and sharon.

3 comments:

megan edelman photography said...

OOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
That was absolutely hilarious. I almost peed myself. Thanks Weiner, I probably woke up my kid from laughing so hard!! By the way...my hair is strawberry blond..not yellow! And HE invited me into the blasted canoe. Could I help it if I had a good time?? ;)
Love you girls, megs

sharon said...

ooewee...look of disgust to give it up eh?'..not sure thats the best first memory of me you could have had, but at least you thought i was cool...and who knew Scott could look after himself eh??! ;-)

Cor--i do remember that canoe incident and did battle about whether or no to head up that tower to you...but i did, and we saw that "strawberry blond hair" waving in the wind together hahah.....i don't remember trying to hook up carrie and scott-did they even ever meet??

man--you were crazy over that guy....i specifically remember my birthday party-you guys wouldn't stop wrestling.....ugh--come ON!! its MY party and YOU are having MORE fun!!! ;-)

but yup--2 amazing friends i come back to....we have had some fun! Love you both megs and cor....xoxS.

Chels said...

What was your first memory of me Cor?

I think mine was either you in your overalls and Becky falling to the ground in a laughing fit at b'fast one morning... or you dancing around in your black rubber boots.