Tuesday, January 12, 2010

new

new year; new activities, new challenges, new thoughts, new perspectives.
for sophie, the new year called into place the first of many swimming lessons. once she turned three she was able to tackle the pool all on her own. so she set off, with three other classmates to don the waters of walnut grove pool. for her, the smile was permanent. while the water was cold and her lips were blue she loved every moment of it, well maybe not every, maybe not the part where i had to go to the pool edge and remind her that we have to stay with the class and not venture off on our own. but other than that, she loved every minute of it.
-sophie calls this her 'pool dance', she breaks it out of us every once in a while.
-our little 'seastar' -penelope watches on for myself, back to school. only one course. i think i could only handle one. i don't remember how to write a paper, something about an introduction, a body and a conclusion. have no idea about font or size. and i am sure that my iq has dropped a significant number since, well, not being apart of the educational world. so here i go. first paper due on monday. first group project, january 25. right group projects. what have i gotten myself into? and this is the beginning of our new year.

5 comments:

Russ and Carmen said...

those pics of Sophie are so cute. Pool Dance?? that has Werdal written all over it. :)

kelly ens said...

i love your little seastar. she is SO cute.
good on you for taking a class. and what a STELLAR class to take! i know you will love it :)

Unknown said...

She's got way longer hair than I did when I was 3.

sharon said...

i love her dance...its awesome. We haven't caught eachother up on the phone yet? How can that be?

franks said...

Have I mentioned how much I love the POOL DANCE. Tell my friend I miss her and would like to come dance with her - looks like my style of dancing!!!